Friday, October 10, 2014

Veronica's Veil

Today, I was reading a small booklet on "Devotion to the Holy Face".  More on that in a later post. Picking up the book, I wondered if any image of Christ's face was considered "The Holy Face", or what? 

This led me to google "Veronica's Veil Image". This is one of the images that came up.I find it to be fascinating. This account,
(Veronica's Veil Found?)  Part of the article compares the Shroud of Turin image with this one, (it says that the images are, essentially, identical). Part of it is about the fact that the ability of the fine gossamer fabric that the image appears on, is not paintable. So if the image is not paintable, what created it? 
)on the "Catholic Culture" website, goes into some detail about it.



I hope you find the article, and especially the image, to be as fascinating as I did.

No comments: