Monday, August 3, 2009

We are in God's Mind Even When He Isn't In Ours

At Mass this week, Father spoke about how a Monsignor friend of his had made the comment that if God ceased to think of us, we would cease to exist. He then spoke about how this at first seemed weird but after thinking about it, it made sense.

The more I thought about it, the more things that occurred to me. We are always in God's care, and He knows our every thought, our every need. Thus, whatever our need, it is OK to ask God for it. He cares about the most insignificant hair on our heads, so it follows that He cares about whatever we are concerned with at the time. If we ask Him for help on something, He will always answer our prayers. He may answer "No" but He will always answer. Further, the more we speak to God about our needs and our concerns, the closer to Him we grow. If you have a friend that you speak to daily several times a day, you grow closer to that person, not more distant.


One more thing Father said that made me think: He said that we cannot appreciate anything until we have had the lack of it. So, for us to appreciate sunny days, it follows that we must have rainy days, and so on. If this seems elementary to some, I have to say that I write this not for anyone else that may read this but for ME-- that I will not forget that in order to know the joys of life, you must have some sad times.

In order to feel close to God, you MUST have had some times in your life that you feel FAR from Him.

To appreciate being satisfied, you must have been hungry at some time.

And further, in order to keep remembering these things, you have to have them happen more than once for most of us.

God is so very, very good to us. We have only to realize that He loves us so much more than we could ever imagine, and He wants us to be happy!

2 comments:

virtus said...

Hi Peggy,
this is virtuso - from BVM's bower.
I wanted to say hello, that
I think your jewellery is beautiful, and that I loved this post about our relationship with God.
I cut my comment link a while back because I wasn't sure at the time how to edit posts...didn't realise it was a permanent thing..oops!
Some day I will figure out how to do an email link!...until then, God bless.
Yours Virtus.

Peggy said...

Hello Virtus, Thank you for the comment-- I so love your blog-- and I love today's post! Ironically, I have been trying to get up the courage to do a statue of the Blessed Mother SOMEHOW. I feel called to do it and have for some time but I have no clue how to get started. What medium was your first (the light weight statue) made of? I have been volunteering at a local nursing home but feel that for when we say the rosary it would be so helpful and appropriate to have a statue of the Blessed Mother for meditating on while praying. I have also been trying to find out online how to make statues -- I want not only to make a Blessed Mother statue but a St. Joseph statue as well. Can you recommend any site that would help? I was an art education major in college but only had one semester of sculpture and never touched it again so I know this is a reach-- but I have felt called many times over the last 10-15 years to do a statue of the Blessed Mother. Thanks for any help you can give me.